4 posts • joined Friday 11th July 2008 12:06 GMT
We need an Ellison Icon!!!
Compared to other platforms, there are very few client-side apps that require java, but as some of the users noted above there are some very specific but very helpful apps out there. As a long term java developer, I have never written any published client side code - it's all code for servers which in the most part is not going to be affected by security problems since the VM is only running code that I write, not the code some scallywag wrote to pump my system full of crap.
That being said, I think to boldly say to everybody to uninstall Java is a pretty strong statement, and something that is only going to contribute to the bad press Java has been getting recently due to the er-so-hated Oracle and it's fight with the world. These are troubling times for us Java developers, and I dont like reading articles liek this!
Which brings me to another point - of all the icons I can attach to my ramblings on Reg, including Bill and Steve, surely it's time we had a halo/horns icon of Mr Ellison? In fact, you might has well leave out the halo image, it wont be needed ...
Simple test for guilt
Surely there is one simple test to determine if he's guilty or not.
I call it the 'hairy hands and impaired vision' test.
Paris, cause she makes my hands hairy.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default