5 posts • joined 7 Jul 2008
Actually, it was quite fast...
Short version: Skype using VoIPover3G and Backgrounder is now working again
Long version: There was a problem with Skype not getting along with mobilesubstrate on jailbroken devices. Saurik (creator of Cydia) tweeted last night that a new mobilesubstrate (0.9.2805-1) has been released which takes care of the problem.
Not so fast
Ah, it seems that Skype is crashing jailbroken iPhones and there isn't currently a workaround:
Back to using Truphone or Fring to make Skype calls - they work with VoIPover3G and backgrounder.
Or, on a jailbroken iPhone running the regular firmware, just install VoIPover3G - enables Wifi-only apps to work over 3G. Very nice!
not so bad
The change to a single file (actually a package) happened with iPhoto '08. Just right-click and Show Package Contents to see the files. You can also create aliases to those files or folders within the package.
You *can* upgrade in-store on Friday
Or at least that's what the central iPhone nicecustomerservicelady told me: http://www.allaboutiphone.net/2008/07/16gb-upgraders-fear-not/
Fingers crossed then.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update