5 posts • joined 7 Jul 2008
Actually, it was quite fast...
Short version: Skype using VoIPover3G and Backgrounder is now working again
Long version: There was a problem with Skype not getting along with mobilesubstrate on jailbroken devices. Saurik (creator of Cydia) tweeted last night that a new mobilesubstrate (0.9.2805-1) has been released which takes care of the problem.
Not so fast
Ah, it seems that Skype is crashing jailbroken iPhones and there isn't currently a workaround:
Back to using Truphone or Fring to make Skype calls - they work with VoIPover3G and backgrounder.
Or, on a jailbroken iPhone running the regular firmware, just install VoIPover3G - enables Wifi-only apps to work over 3G. Very nice!
not so bad
The change to a single file (actually a package) happened with iPhoto '08. Just right-click and Show Package Contents to see the files. You can also create aliases to those files or folders within the package.
You *can* upgrade in-store on Friday
Or at least that's what the central iPhone nicecustomerservicelady told me: http://www.allaboutiphone.net/2008/07/16gb-upgraders-fear-not/
Fingers crossed then.
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account