1 post • joined 3 Jul 2008
In the Oil & Gas sector there are a lot of JBOPs - Just a Bunch of Processors. 20K and more are not unusual for the seismic processing shops. Because much of what they do is extremely parallel, they don't have IB 8x hookup or the like, thus no one bothers to really calculate the Linpac numbers, ergo, no membership on T500.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan