1 post • joined 3 Jul 2008
In the Oil & Gas sector there are a lot of JBOPs - Just a Bunch of Processors. 20K and more are not unusual for the seismic processing shops. Because much of what they do is extremely parallel, they don't have IB 8x hookup or the like, thus no one bothers to really calculate the Linpac numbers, ergo, no membership on T500.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24