1 post • joined 18 Apr 2007
Primarily at younger gamers? I think not...
I think the appeal of the Wii is much broader than the PS3 - my Mum (for example) has no interest in playing Virtua Tennis 3 but would happily flail around the room with Wii Sports; and the same goes for many of my friends, avid gamers or not.
That's why the Wii will succeed - the gameplay appeals to so many people and gets away from the 'console geek' image associated with lots of games machines while there's still titles like Zelda for the more commited.
Graphics are impressive but I think it's the gameplay that would make people return to a game (and console) again and again.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad