1 post • joined 18 Apr 2007
Primarily at younger gamers? I think not...
I think the appeal of the Wii is much broader than the PS3 - my Mum (for example) has no interest in playing Virtua Tennis 3 but would happily flail around the room with Wii Sports; and the same goes for many of my friends, avid gamers or not.
That's why the Wii will succeed - the gameplay appeals to so many people and gets away from the 'console geek' image associated with lots of games machines while there's still titles like Zelda for the more commited.
Graphics are impressive but I think it's the gameplay that would make people return to a game (and console) again and again.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan