3 posts • joined Monday 30th June 2008 12:14 GMT
Why won't it print
I used to work for ICL on a support Helldesk for a large company that put windows on every PC
I remember a user phoning up complaining that their printer wasn't working, the paper went through but her document never appeared on the paper.
Ink status showed fine, a test page would work but it was difficult to read.
After spending an hour on the phone with her I gave up and asked her to email the document in, which she did.
When I looked at the document she'd changed the text to white.
When I phoned her back to tell her this she explained that she was using green paper so it should work ok....
Photographing the register
It's only forbidden to photograph the register in England and Wales because of the layout of the book.
In England and Wales the preceeding certificate is visible and reveals information about the previous couple. In Scotland the current certificate is the only visible one so photographs are allowed.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?