5 posts • joined 25 Jun 2008
@Had to be
GIven their falling birthrates, the Japanese had better get busy with the real thing rather than playing with light pens.
Stupid mistake on my part. I knew we were talking about copyright and not patent and miswrote.
"'They don't have the right to read a book out loud,' [...]
Run that one by me again?"
I understand that that's the patent law as it currently stands, folks. Printed copyright it not bundled with audio copyright. Another case of the law not keeping up with technology.
However, I'm not a patent lawyer (or lawyer of any kind, so I can sleep the sleep of the innocent) so will defer to the experts.
The BMI is bollocks as it doesn't account for body structure, lean muscle mass, etc. For me to get to a "healthy" BMI I'd have to weigh 170lbs. I'd look like walking death weighing that little.
Ditto the comments "they're in prison, folks"! Prison shouldn't be fun. Supportive family members can arrange visits or incoming calls. Prisoners should be put to work with no time for placing calls (or watching TV, browsing the Internet, lifting weights, studying law books, etc).
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS