2 posts • joined 19 Jun 2008
Fon is BT....
I thought that BT bought into Fon? BT is one of 12 who have a lowpower 2g licence. The fact that finally a 2g femto is available is positve news.
a) This has nothing at all to do with WiFi, its only GSM
b) Unlike rabbit and others of that ilk, GSM allows handoff between cells, meaning that large contiguous areas of coverage can be created with ease.
c) UK01 is busy establishing roaming relationships with overseas operators, so that foreign users will be able to use UK01 coverage zones when in the UK, and UK01 sims will also be able to be used outside the UK.
d) Once these payphone located transmitters and other site portfolios are in place coverage areas will be clearly indicated on web site.
As ever comments and criticism welcome.
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware
- Ice, ice maybe: Evidence of 'Grand Canyon' glacier FOUND ON MARS