3 posts • joined 17 Jun 2008
CFOs and Tech Knowledge
Seriously - we wait on baited breath for the technically sage words of a Microsoft CFO ?
Are you for real ?
I'd suggest he/she gets back to worrying about why their share price is on the long-term dive.
Re:Ehrlang - please!!!!
I'm not throwing away all my investment in Java and C++ for yet another language.
Particularly when I can do all that Ehrlang offers already:-
JavaSpaces (transactional memory)
Jini (fault-tolerant networked PnP apps)
Rio (Service Level Agreements for Enterprise Scalability definition).
Codemesh (for native C++/C/.NET bind in)
Paris - 'cos even she won't jump the Ehrlang bandwagon
Jason - actually the problem is more related to the Symbian OS and small memory footprint applications - how they should handle "low memory or no memory available exceptions".
There's a good (if rather dry) podcast over at http://se-radio.net - look for the Small Memory Management podcast - if you *really* want to understand the problem.
A background in software engineering will help (as it would have helped Paris when she knocked up some of these apps).
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer