2 posts • joined 15 Jun 2008
Eclipse is antique.
Eclipse feels like the Soviet Union - well planned, poorly executed, run by a small klan of cigar smoking bureaucrats. Lots of folks are moving to NetBeans, I'm feeling a motivation to do the same. Very sad, given where Eclipse started.
Being honest - Linux is dull.
My Dad used Linux, and wears his penguin t-shirt to this day. But let's be honest, it's getting dull, no new infrastructure innovations in years (and "Red Hat" isn't an innovation, it's a distro). While Sun has started creating some extraordinary new ideas and technologies.
So my Dad can keep flying the penguin flag, along with all you folks like Matt. Me, I just want to get my work done faster than last year, not fight some freakazoid license war. OpenSolaris looks pretty slick to me.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion