2 posts • joined 17 Apr 2007
Google now more than a search engine
The problem with privacy and security is it is limited by the skill of people.
Google is now an email, and apps company. If I choose to use it for things other than searching for information then I am relying both on the integrity of all Google's employees and the benevolence of the government of any country that Google has servers in. Do I trust either, with my day to day personal communication probably yes, there is not much they are likely to be interested in. When it comes to confidential client information or business plans I would expect to trust them to the same degree as I trust postmen around the world not to read my postcards.
Put things in perspective
I agree bumblebees are important but they probably comprise less than 2% of the pollination force. Honey bees probably comprise more than 50%. There are about 250 species of bee that pollinate plus many moths and butterflys that contribute and more than 2000 species of wasp that also form part of the food chain along with a similar number of fly species. All of them are affected by short sighted farming policies and all contribute to the necessary biodiversity.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion