4 posts • joined 6 Jun 2008
Bad Names, Worse Karma
My first job's corporation (GRCI) had a subsidiary with an even worse name than you can possibly conceive (at least for marketing purposes).
But there was someone in the phone book by the name of Foo Kyu Chen. I kid you not. I used to call the lab and hope I'd be answered by Fu Kyu.
But then, the even worse name I mentioned above was "Beagles for Research."
@ Herby -- IEFBR14
Holy Flurking Shnit! A remembrance of things past. I have not written a line of JCL since 1999; I'd almost forgotten that one.
The fact that I wrote lines of JCL almost into the 21st century is another story... but now I can run OS virtually on my desktop, so maybe I can get back into practice.
And almost forgot
XYZZY -- in both Colossal Cave *and* AOS/VS
Icahn is a nightmare
I remember what he did to TWA. A lot of people who helped me along during my biz-travel days got shit-canned after he stole a billion dollars from the airline...
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip