4 posts • joined Friday 6th June 2008 04:01 GMT
Bad Names, Worse Karma
My first job's corporation (GRCI) had a subsidiary with an even worse name than you can possibly conceive (at least for marketing purposes).
But there was someone in the phone book by the name of Foo Kyu Chen. I kid you not. I used to call the lab and hope I'd be answered by Fu Kyu.
But then, the even worse name I mentioned above was "Beagles for Research."
@ Herby -- IEFBR14
Holy Flurking Shnit! A remembrance of things past. I have not written a line of JCL since 1999; I'd almost forgotten that one.
The fact that I wrote lines of JCL almost into the 21st century is another story... but now I can run OS virtually on my desktop, so maybe I can get back into practice.
And almost forgot
XYZZY -- in both Colossal Cave *and* AOS/VS
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support