6 posts • joined Thursday 5th June 2008 07:37 GMT
> Fraud moving to the internet where chip/pin can't help.
Actually they COULD roll out the CAP system used for online banking in the UK to authenticate the web based credit card transaction. This would be better than the Verified by Visa rubbish
Factoring and NP
Factoring is indeed not believed to be NP complete. But it certainly lies in NP, since if I gave you a factor you could check whether my factor was correct very fast.
So if P=NP then factoring would be easy and factoring based crypto (indeed almost all practically deployed crypto) would be broken.
But if P<>NP we still have no idea whether factoring is easy or hard.
But MD5 is broken...
They are still using MD5! I suspect there is another text which collides and that finding this is the real challenge
If you want to donate online to the Computing Museum part then go to....
Would also recommend the place for a visit, it also quite a good place
to hold meetings etc
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones