3 posts • joined 4 Jun 2008
Looks useless to me...
There's nothing there that hasn't been around for years. I guess I can quit waiting for it now, I wouldn't buy this thing. Too expensive, and key features of a netbook are that there's no harddrive and it's not Vista. I have a 701 eeePC, and was hoping to see something like it in a 12". The eee's size is nice, but the keyboard and display size are too small to be real useful for me.
Skip the Dead Code forums, check the Games page under More Projects. I wonder if they'll clear that reference off of their site once they hear about this?
Re: 4Gb SSD?!
I've got an eeePC 701, and the 4g SSD has been plenty of storage. All I need the SSD for is installing applications. I just checked, and I have 1.2g free. Most of my data is stored on SD cards or my network. I keep a handful of 2g SD cards in the case, and a thumb drive to exchange data with systems without network or SD slots.
The only thing I would improve is screen size. I'd like to see 14" with a normal laptop keyboard in the 2lb range @ ~$400. I do like the looks of the Acer in yesterday's article, although my black eeePC looks fine.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...