1) Does anybody want it
2) How is that going to help the current situation of:
Previously misspent capital standing around quietly rotting due to recent bubbles ;
Savings being erased hush-hush via European Central Bank money issuance ;
Enormous debt craters everywhere (governmental and private) and no-one saving ;
Ideology-based capital misidrection by governments: "free" healthcare, "green" energy, "fast" broadband, subsidies for world & dog (including "cash for clunkers") ;
State employee numbers at down syndrome levels, and kept there ;
Tax-and-spend-on-people-near-the-state "austerity" measures propelling crony capitalism ;
Profligate flinging of capital on various wars useful only to Presidents With Small Dicks ;
Death of the taxable producer base via overregulation, regime uncertainy and union power?
Yep, Intel's gonna help keep Marx in the cellar, it will!
And while I'm on this rant, here is the document I have in front of me right now:
Flagship Initiative: "European Platform against Poverty"
The aim is to ensure economic, social and territorial cohesion, building on the current European year for
combating poverty and social exclusion so as to raise awareness and recognise the fundamental rights of people experiencing poverty and social exclusion, enabling them to live in dignity and take an active part
in society. At EU level, the Commission will work:
To transform the open method of coordination on social exclusion and social protection into a platform
for cooperation, peer-review and exchange of good practice, and into an instrument to foster
commitment by public and private players to reduce social exclusion, and take concrete action,
including through targeted support from the structural funds, notably the ESF;
– To design and implement programmes to promote social innovation for the most vulnerable, in
particular by providing innovative education, training, and employment opportunities for deprived
communities, to fight discrimination (e.g. disabled), and to develop a new agenda for migrants'
integration to enable them to take full advantage of their potential;
– To undertake an assessment of the adequacy and sustainability of social protection and pension
systems, and identify ways to ensure better access to health care systems.
At national level, Member States will need:
– To promote shared collective and individual responsibility in combating poverty and social exclusion;
– To define and implement measures addressing the specific circumstances of groups at particular risk (such as one-parent families, elderly women, minorities, Roma, people with a disability and the
– To fully deploy their social security and pension systems to ensure adequate income support and access to health care
WTF? We will do this, we will do that. Magically. Woah. Not a word about how this will be possible or help in building the economy. Not a word on how this BECOMES possible by letting the economy work IN THE FIRST PLACE.