Re: Ah yes, Colbert. Another unfunny guy.
"Trust me, that was funny."
Snort. It's only funny when you are less than 15 and haven't ever heard of Monty Python's Kissinger song. I have probably more books mentioning Kissinger on my immediate right than you have books on programming on C++.
I couldn't care less about Kissinger at this point in time. Taking out old skeletons to cover up the present? Standard progressive debating tactic.
What concerns me currently is the other war criminal (also an economic nincompoop and a political know-nothing relative to Kissinger) with a peace prize. He's currently droning from the White House.
Or, to KEEP IT SHORT AND SIMPLE
Five years later, Obama’s commandants need a rewrite. Here’s what they should now look like and, barring surprises in the next three years, these, as written, will both be the virtual law of the land and constitute the Obama legacy.
- Thou shalt not torture (but thou shalt leave the door open to the future use of torture).
- Thou shalt detain forever.
- Thou shalt live by limitless secrecy.
- Thou shalt wage war everywhere and forever.
- Thou shalt not punish those who have done bad things in the name of the national security state.