The waaahambulance of the imperfect reality
"Diversifying the tech workforce will not only boost the bottom line, but also provide African-American, Latino and female students with success stories in a field largely devoid of role models,"
Procedure for standard liberal dream of endless neurotic fixing:
0) Select a domain à la mode: "tech sector", "biotech", "boardroom members" etc.
1) Apply arbitrary adjectives to persons working in that domain, at least one of which must be "female" and one "african", (sorry "african-american"). Bonus for shoehorning "differently abled" into this.
2) Declare that there exists a non-uniform distribution over the classes defined by above-stated adjectives of above-stated domain
3) Declare that this non-uniform distribution is somehow undesirable, bad or "non/sub-optimal"
4) Declare that this non-uniform distribution can - and should - be whitened by application of money, will or legislation
5) Declare that there exists money and manpower out there that can be legislatively allocated with no opportunity costs to the task of the aforementioned whitening
7) Declare that aforementioned whitening will relieve a "lack of role models"
8) Declare that aforementioned whitening will be "good for the bottom line"
9) At the end of the month, extract money from the economy to pay yourself for a job well done
10) Goto 0)