What I want from a smart watch....
- somewhat waterproof (won't go swimming in it, needs to resist getting dunked when I wash my hands)
- Tells the time & date
- Enough battery capacity to get me through a full day with moderate use
- Wireless charging (put charging mat on bedside table - watch gets placed on it each night)
- Functions like the notifications pull down in the phone - preview emails, texts etc. Don't want to have to configure notifications for watch separately, it needs to use my phone's settings
- Controls volume, play/pause, simple track and playlist selection for whatever audio apps I have (pocketcast, double twist etc)
- Maybe voice control for sending simple texts etc
- Tell me when it and the phone needs recharging
- Have the option to display phone connectivity status (wifi, cellular etc)
- Cost around £150. Will possibly stretch to £200 for something amazing - a half decent looking Seiko standard watch costs over £100 anyway.
Won't be getting a smart watch until it can meet the list.