1 post • joined 27 May 2008
@Everyone saying why swap
The numbers and density for SSD are fantastic; this will be great for everyone.
I didn't know large databases used Terabits; must be a DB2 thing.
Obviously, you never worked with a multiterabyte SQL Server database running 64cores and 256GB of memory.
Oh and Alan Parsons if it's running AIX, PowerX and DB2, you've wasted your time and money locking youself into the stone age.
Lemme guess, you store all you music in .wav versus .mp3, too? Let it go, dude, x86 and the Os's that run on it won a long time ago.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it