1 post • joined Tuesday 27th May 2008 15:29 GMT
@Everyone saying why swap
The numbers and density for SSD are fantastic; this will be great for everyone.
I didn't know large databases used Terabits; must be a DB2 thing.
Obviously, you never worked with a multiterabyte SQL Server database running 64cores and 256GB of memory.
Oh and Alan Parsons if it's running AIX, PowerX and DB2, you've wasted your time and money locking youself into the stone age.
Lemme guess, you store all you music in .wav versus .mp3, too? Let it go, dude, x86 and the Os's that run on it won a long time ago.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action