4 posts • joined 26 May 2008
Re: Sad to see it die
> Eclipse was a great community efort to start with ...
Errr...no, it was a great IBM effort to start with. Anyway, Eclipse is mostly a consortium anyway.
> The quality off the eclipse code base is piss-poor now, and for a platform with a
> pretty good refactoring toolkit, they obviuosly never use it on their own code
Eclipse does suffer from the fact that they promise to keep the API stable. Anything that was API once will remain so. Anyway, publish your code so I can mock it. What part of Eclipse are you talking about? The SVN plugin?
>Writing plugins is nigh-on impossible, with awful, outdated documentation and
>examples, and the knowledge that your plugin will only work until the next bloated
>release which breaks it.
That statement is just bullshit. Plugins will continue to work unless you use non-API. The documentation of the base platform is very good.
Sadly, IBM seems to have pulled many of the original core developers off to build Jazz.
Too bloody expensive!
I'd buy HD-discs in a second, but not at twice the price of a DVD. Idiots!
Nunavut? No wait, Newfie, eh!
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Sysadmins and devs: Do these job descriptions make any sense?