3 posts • joined 24 May 2008
The kids don't know how easy they have it
Back in my day, my GameGear got eight hours on six alkaline AAs. :)
Too many thrown where they're never used.
Why not just make some laptops that don't have a battery at all? Lots of people just buy them because they want more compact computers on their desks. Indeed, lots of desktop-replacement laptops can barely squeeze out an hour when they're actually crunching away as intended.
This has been done before
...but not how you might think.
Don't open-source junkies run beta software all the time? Submit bug reports, and even fix the stuff? Although they couldn't go that far in this case, the approach of "have the power users debug their software" is nowhere near a novelty.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers