3 posts • joined 24 May 2008
The kids don't know how easy they have it
Back in my day, my GameGear got eight hours on six alkaline AAs. :)
Too many thrown where they're never used.
Why not just make some laptops that don't have a battery at all? Lots of people just buy them because they want more compact computers on their desks. Indeed, lots of desktop-replacement laptops can barely squeeze out an hour when they're actually crunching away as intended.
This has been done before
...but not how you might think.
Don't open-source junkies run beta software all the time? Submit bug reports, and even fix the stuff? Although they couldn't go that far in this case, the approach of "have the power users debug their software" is nowhere near a novelty.
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- HTML5 vs native: Harry Coder and the mudblood mobile app princes