3 posts • joined Saturday 24th May 2008 03:39 GMT
The kids don't know how easy they have it
Back in my day, my GameGear got eight hours on six alkaline AAs. :)
Too many thrown where they're never used.
Why not just make some laptops that don't have a battery at all? Lots of people just buy them because they want more compact computers on their desks. Indeed, lots of desktop-replacement laptops can barely squeeze out an hour when they're actually crunching away as intended.
This has been done before
...but not how you might think.
Don't open-source junkies run beta software all the time? Submit bug reports, and even fix the stuff? Although they couldn't go that far in this case, the approach of "have the power users debug their software" is nowhere near a novelty.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?