3 posts • joined 21 May 2008
I am shocked at how many oppressive nanny-state loving bigots there are posting here. What's with this urge to ban, prohibit, prevent and generally encourage the control-freakery that is prevalent in local and national government these days, hysterically demanding more and more legislation as some kind of panacea? How depressing.
Considering the Belgians are the proud owners of the famed Manneken Pis statues (there are actually several, not only the one in Brussels http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manneken_Pis), their obsession with this activity should be no surprise.
Oh and Belgium is not the only country where women avoid the queues in their own toilets by heading to the men's. I have seen this behaviour frequently in clubs and bars in Sweden.
While we're being pedantic
...about the spelling of sulphur, what's with this "more intelligent that their readership". The comparative conjunction is THAN not THAT. I see this mistake more and more these days and can't figure out why.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of unusual BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan