1 post • joined 17 May 2008
Both Guy and Anonymous Coward have accurately pointed out the pain of Broadcom - but maybe it's not as simple as boycotting their hardware.
Fact is it's going to be harder to find competition - especially now that they just won a Court case over Qualcomm because the latter couldn't prove patent infringement.
Well, it's hard to make a better case for having weird driver code and some extra diodes on the card ! If it's not made available in open source and you can't read it because it's so full of obfuscators - no one will ever be able to challenge your design or drivers but you, in turn, can always challenge theirs.
Quite a business plan, if that is what's going on.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY