1 post • joined Friday 16th May 2008 16:21 GMT
I formally object to this headline:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/punt gives an informal definition: From Google's cache:
to cease doing something; give up: "Let's punt on this and do something else"
From the live page:
to equivocate or delay: "If they ask you for exact sales figures, you'll have to punt"
Is there a dictionary that supports this usage?
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging