1 post • joined 16 May 2008
I formally object to this headline:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/punt gives an informal definition: From Google's cache:
to cease doing something; give up: "Let's punt on this and do something else"
From the live page:
to equivocate or delay: "If they ask you for exact sales figures, you'll have to punt"
Is there a dictionary that supports this usage?
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp