3 posts • joined Friday 16th May 2008 09:43 GMT
Why do so many people hate the iPhone... I think it's because they've never had one.
I've used all kinds of other offerings over the past decade from Psions to HTCs and I seriously think the usability of the iPhone is unrivalled. Sure, this comes with a slight compromise over functionality and power but it's a compromise that I havn't had any problems living with! For example, the camera is only 2MP, lacks zoom functionality and a whole host of other tinkerings that I'm accustomed to, but I've used it way more than any other handset I've ever owned because it's a pleasure to use - as is every other feature of the phone.
I could go on forever telling you how much I love the thing (even though it suffers from a few problems due to accidental submersion in a bowl of porridge) but I won't. Get out of your hate hole, go buy one and stop your rants.
Best phone I've had yet
I got my mits on the Orbit II as soon as I could, following my happy experience with its predecessor. I can say whole-heartedly that this is the best phone I've ever had - the only faults that I can pick are the poor WM6 user interface, low camera quality and a tinny loudspeaker. However, there is many improved interfaces out there which one can run on top of WM - in my opinion, PointUi is by far the best. I'm sure that anyone serious about taking photos would invest in a decent digital camera, and the tinny loudspeaker, well I think I can deal with that.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16