3 posts • joined 15 May 2008
I got some punched cards out of the loft to show my kids. When I told them we had to use a magnetic pencil, mark off the holes (in ascii) for each character and then sent off to be processed, they rolled around the floor like a 1980's Cadbury's smash advert !!
At the Same Time
I don't know if anyone noticed, but at the same time they removed some of the features on SPACES - page statistics and rich formating in the guestbook, wiping out any previous guestbook entries completely !!
Patent !! Is he having a laugh
Before the days of high performance computing, aircraft simulators used the same technique by projecting images onto a dome.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low