2 posts • joined 13 Apr 2007
Bookmark the https address of the real site and only use the bookmark and you won't get phished.
The article fails to mention how a user activates the script, which requires that a user get tricked into clicking on an email link or a web link. It would be nice for a change to see the articles provide advice on how not to get phished. The demo page has good advice in this respect, especially to bookmark the right web site. After reading the anti-phishing advice given by over 60 banks and never seeing the word bookmark or add to favorites, it is nice to see that the demo page has accurate advice. Let's get the focus off how to recognize phishing attacks and tell people how to not get phished. Bookmark the legitimate address for the bank and never use any other means of geting to the web site and you will not get phished. Focus on Real, not on Fake!!
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide