1 post • joined 13 May 2008
I remember reading about artillery tests conducted at Madras in the early/mid 19th. Accuracy was crap. British ingenuity had solved the problem by the time of the Indian mutiny though:
"...convicted mutineers were lashed to the muzzles of cannon and had a roundshot fired through their body..."
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook