26 posts • joined Friday 9th May 2008 12:48 GMT
You're all getting carried away.
God will decide when our time is up. Not us. Or David Attenborough.
they really appear to have shot themselves in the foot here...
...in fact, not only themselves, but they could potentially have wiped out an entire IP/copyright protection industry.
of lawyers and associated litigants/parasites.
one can but dream <sigh>
1) lots of people think assange is a glory huntin diddy.
2) lots of people think assange should be elevated to superhero status
3) he clearly lacks social skills, in the sense that he mis-understands the "no condom, no sex" rule seemingly provided by both these women
4) he may have low hygiene standards
5) i understand the case had been dealt with (I could be wrong, don't care) prior to that naughty scamp assange's release of diplomatic files
6) the furore arising from the documentary evidence that a certain super power's diplomats actually lacked diplomacy skills, along with a similar state of affairs with some of its lapdog states, and high profile "public figures", caused, well a furore.
7) after much head scratching, said super power got cheesed off that they couldn't prosecute the scamp themselves, and invited some swedes to re-open/re-examine the facts surrounding the sexual assault charges, thus permitting them to request extradition.
8) these charges have absolutely nothing to do with wikileaks, nor any of the generally perceived (on here i think) good stuff arising from it.
9) both sides gain from this - assange gets increased profile, albeit as an entry on a register, and possible incarceration - though he'll be warmly received on release (ironically, as he wasn't when said incidents happened - allegedly). The yanks are seen to be doing something, when really they can't do anything at all.
10) Everyone's a winner. Except for us having to listen to this crap over and over again.
In summary - wikileaks - good.
assange - bit of a twat really (allegedly)
swedish prosecutors - "how high obama?"
yanks - emotionally damaged third party, but putting on a brave face - bless.
you guys and popbitch gonna merge at somepoint in the future? "Reg-bitch" anyone?
this has to be a first...
...on el reg forum anyway...two oblique musical references beuatifully merged....fantastic....
I have to agree with the Runcible Spoon, and the following AC - i thought that Emo Phillips one was best...
as for the wooden spoon joke, i think it refers to the wooden spoon-like flags some "order food at the bar", wotherspoons type "restaurants" have, to signify a food order has been placed...but i don't really know, and certainly won't lose sleep over it...
"alleged" joke alert
does this explain...
...the predominance of red in El Reg's layout?
or how about....
...."you did whaaaat??"
without wanting to get too deep into it....
...who "invented" hot water?
...as if someone's "burst" his bubble....
well, look at the MS board...
...do you seriously think any of them took time out in the late 70's to investigate the music scene of landaaan taaaan?
i'm sure there was something funnier to be written here, but on having to re-log in to the site, it appears to have gone askew...ah well...
wasn't there a...
space shuttle challenger jigsaw on the market for a bit before it was somewhat hastily withdrawn 'lest anyone got offended?
the miracle there is the fact i remember which one the challenger was...so it can't all be bad surely?
@ SarahBee and any other "amusing kid's names commenters"
we were strolling casually round our local ned heaven / shopping "mall" some time ago, surveying the plebs from our morally/socially high brow platform of aloofness, when we spied the best there can possibly be.
An obviously new born wee unfortunate (for reasons soon to become clear), smothered in pink frills, and pink frilly cushions in her shiny new silver cross baby bucket/pram, being paraded round her soon to be playground by the obviously proud parents, attired solely in "sports" gear, with said trackies tucked into their sparkling white socks, just below the knee. Oh, let's not forget the burberry hats at a jaunty angle either. Or the cheap-looking gold hanging off the pair of them.
We chanced to spy that one of the cushions had the wee girl's name stitched into it, along with her dob (primitive form of ID card I guess) , and this is where it gets groovy.
What does the research suggest about this wee one's life/school performance? <wait for it>
She appeared to be named "Chantelle Latrine".
erm...getting me coat before it gets rifled....
...hearing bullets and other such noises would be a plus in terms of ducking and other hi-tech approaches to not getting killed?
but then, i s'pose once you've signed that contract for queenie, it's all a bit moot...
Aliens - coz they might show us a sensible way...
...the $2k was in loose "bowels"??
mine's the first one that comes
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad