3 posts • joined 9 May 2008
Keeps getting more confusing
It keeps getting more confusing as time goes on.
It used to be a GTS was faster than a GT.
The 8 series changed that. the GTS came first and the GT was an improvement on the GTS w/ a die shrink & price cut.
They would do well to look at BMW for an idea of how to name their chips.
s is the sports model, so they could add a letter at the end if the card is factory overclocked. Otherwise, if they just stuck to numbers; it would make the cards easier. Everyone knows 9 is higher than 5. Not everyone knows the difference between GTS & GTX
I remember reading how they had plans to eventually even use it in regulating refrigerators. Wonder how long it will take to get to that stage.
PRICE CUT!! PRICE CUT!! PRICE CUT!!
I really don't care about RRoD as much as I care about a price cut. The 3 year warranty was enough to vaporize that as a factor.
360 has been out 2.5 years and has had a $50 price cut. PS3 has been out 1.5 and had $100 price cut. MS, I'm really leaning towards a 360 because of the games library; but I'm a cheapass, its my nature. Right now the PS3 is looking like a better value, despite the lack of games.
360 NEEDS A PRICE CUT
a doubling of the Hard Drive space would also be MUCH WELCOMED
There's a whole lot of DLC i want, and I'm not shelling out an extra $100 (elite) just so i can buy it.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base