3 posts • joined 9 May 2008
Keeps getting more confusing
It keeps getting more confusing as time goes on.
It used to be a GTS was faster than a GT.
The 8 series changed that. the GTS came first and the GT was an improvement on the GTS w/ a die shrink & price cut.
They would do well to look at BMW for an idea of how to name their chips.
s is the sports model, so they could add a letter at the end if the card is factory overclocked. Otherwise, if they just stuck to numbers; it would make the cards easier. Everyone knows 9 is higher than 5. Not everyone knows the difference between GTS & GTX
I remember reading how they had plans to eventually even use it in regulating refrigerators. Wonder how long it will take to get to that stage.
PRICE CUT!! PRICE CUT!! PRICE CUT!!
I really don't care about RRoD as much as I care about a price cut. The 3 year warranty was enough to vaporize that as a factor.
360 has been out 2.5 years and has had a $50 price cut. PS3 has been out 1.5 and had $100 price cut. MS, I'm really leaning towards a 360 because of the games library; but I'm a cheapass, its my nature. Right now the PS3 is looking like a better value, despite the lack of games.
360 NEEDS A PRICE CUT
a doubling of the Hard Drive space would also be MUCH WELCOMED
There's a whole lot of DLC i want, and I'm not shelling out an extra $100 (elite) just so i can buy it.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads