5 posts • joined 7 May 2008
Mars? Mercury? "largely thanks to the Mercury's distinctly lopsided orbit"?
Not sure about 'edition' for that matter.. post-pub article?
I suppose the Hitchhikers Guide planetary billiards reference is obligatory .. mine's the one in the rather nifty superintelligent shade of blue..
Gotta love people who only read the first page of an article..
Presumably two AMRAAM is the best option for taking off and landing in a warmer climate? Or for safe landing at least. Plus, you ask a dumbass question like 'do they have to get fired in pairs?' as the sentence right after you say how unstable the Harrier was to land?
Here's a more important question - does commenting on stories of a military nature automatically reduce your IQ, or does it just attract the 'I've-read-Tom-Clancy-now-I-know-everything" crowd?
Mine's the one with the copy of The Bear And The Dragon in the pocket, damn good book!
@AC - Headset/Gunsight issues
That's a wonderful comment. Now go back, read the article, and maybe apply your comment to a system that can be attached to a gun, not a headset? Honestly, it's like being on /. sometimes..
This does actually seem like a fairly sensible idea though, take it away and bring it back when it has a terahertz viewer and built-in IFF!
Did anyone else..
read the title as Chewbacca?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base