1 post • joined 4 May 2008
I just hope they Set EccoPro Free!!!
NetManage bought EccoPro (aka Ecco), the best PIM ever, and then proceeded not to market it. Nor would they sell it. Nor would they release it to the open source community. (They did, at least, allow free downloads of the program. But that didn't allow it to keep up with changes, although it is so well programmed that it runs great still on XP and Win2k -- Vista? I don't know -- even though development stopped in either 1995 or 1997.)
When it was still actively developed it consistently won every significant award for best PIM. I, and other die-hards, still use it as our primary Personal Information Manager.
Here's hoping the new owner will either further develop EccoPro itself or, better yet, release it to the open-source community. It's a beautiful and never-duplicated piece of programming.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait