1 post • joined Monday 28th April 2008 10:41 GMT
How do they do that!
What happens is that someone will break into any account that you have i.e. Yahoo Mail, hotmail, paypal, go jobsite etc. They are looking for credit card details but also stuff like mother maiden name. They will then write to your bank (there are only a few large ones so, no matter if a couple of letters get binned)
They will inform the bank of a new address and ask for some cardage. : )
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court