3 posts • joined 24 Apr 2008
@Its hardly a tough target
Bear in mind that the 35 mpg figure will be in US gallons, which are 4/5 the size of an Imperial gallon. So, it's actually a target of about 44 mpg. Still not massively challenging, but slightly less embarrassing.
Surely the writing was at least on the wall (if not yet entirely dry) at that point?
It was indeed a lot less fun after the buy out. The key problem was that not enough (if any) of the Motorola management had beards - not even small ones. It would have gone tits up about a month later if Motorola hadn't bought the company though.
Many of those top-notch engineers (blushes) have found loving homes already - half of those that hadn't already left got laid off in February (not January as the article said). I hope the local job market can stand another batch of people in three months time.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe