2 posts • joined Thursday 24th April 2008 08:37 GMT
Yet another data routing patent
Not to have a legal debate online but how many different ways are there to Patent the same data routing algorithm. I've made my comments on the Altio blog.
There are already Java based RIA vendors
"Sun's betting on the ability to build rich-client interfaces using less code than programming in Swing, meaning simpler and quicker programming"
Why would Sun be betting on JavaFX to deliver rich-client interfaces, there already exists several very good products for producing very rich user interfaces using Java. These include Altio (http://www.altio.com) and other vendors such as Nexaweb and Curl [I work for Altio].
The key issue is that prior to Java6u10 the load time for Java was so bad that people would get bored waiting for any Application to load. So Altio, Nexaweb, Curl etc are probably only found in enterprise applications where users will spend long periods of time using the application.
NOTE: this is my opinion and not that of my employer
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?