2 posts • joined 24 Apr 2008
Yet another data routing patent
Not to have a legal debate online but how many different ways are there to Patent the same data routing algorithm. I've made my comments on the Altio blog.
There are already Java based RIA vendors
"Sun's betting on the ability to build rich-client interfaces using less code than programming in Swing, meaning simpler and quicker programming"
Why would Sun be betting on JavaFX to deliver rich-client interfaces, there already exists several very good products for producing very rich user interfaces using Java. These include Altio (http://www.altio.com) and other vendors such as Nexaweb and Curl [I work for Altio].
The key issue is that prior to Java6u10 the load time for Java was so bad that people would get bored waiting for any Application to load. So Altio, Nexaweb, Curl etc are probably only found in enterprise applications where users will spend long periods of time using the application.
NOTE: this is my opinion and not that of my employer
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Google opens new Inbox – email for people too dumb to use email