2 posts • joined 21 Apr 2008
Cat on a hot tin roof...
I had an Audi A4 demonstator about six years ago with elements built into the sunroof - kept the aircon on tickover, so really nothing new.
Wouldn't Toyota (and sister brand Lexus) do better trying to reduce the carbon footprint / air miles that the production of those batteries and drivetrains cause? Isn't this just another eco-con that allows a minority to feel good while making life for others worse? Look at the current arguements re bio-fuel taking vast swathes of arable land away from food production... or "low energy" light bulbs that take more energy to recycle at end of life than they ever save whilst lit.
Not for nothing is this car nicknamed the "Pious"!!
Enabled... maybe not
Just like the phrase "Up to 8Mb" clearly including zero, "enabled" doesn't necessarily mean "for you to use Mr Average Paying Punter".
Not everyone has upgraded or switched on HSDPA on Nodes which are enabled for it, and frankly I'd be surprised if you got anything much outside from any operator outside Central London postcodes or where they have their own or large corporate customer offices.
Marketing Sh@*espeak I suspect...
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes