4 posts • joined 18 Apr 2008
Great for running Linux
I bought a 14" HP chromebook in June. Within 48 hours I'd dumped Chrome OS for openSuSE Linux 13.1 - this machine uses an Intel processor, so runs any ordinary distro. There were a few issues getting the touchpad to work but once solved it runs like a dream - and with amazing battery life. Shame there's so little room on the 16G SSD, but not only do I have firefox with all the privacy improvements (noscript etc) but I can and do run software installed on my desktop using X forwarding.
The Price is Not Right
It seems this retails for much more than that EUR 99 though :-( A quick google shows the 500G unit ST905004CED1E1-RK at around UKP 190...
Or has the pound dropped further than I realised!?
Now I understand
Now I understand why our buildings were suddenly festooned with small "Warning: Asbestos" labels a year or so back!
Judging from the number of them, the builders back in the '70s can't have used much else. Maybe asbestos was cheaper than concrete?
Back on song
Great to see Simon's back on song - a chuckle or two to end the week
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity