1 post • joined 11 Apr 2008
Although it's not mentioned in the article, Gibson is actually just the distributor for this system. It was actually developed by a German company Tronical (http://www.tronical.com) as the PowerTune system which is designed to be a retrofit to *any* guitar. Gibson secured the worldwide distribution rights in early '07. The system is actually capable of doing several different tunings (not just standard), however, you can't tune and play at the same time (you need to strum the open strings, press a button then wait a couple of seconds for the instrument to retune).
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Lollipop unwrapped: Chromium WebView will update via Google Play