4 posts • joined Friday 11th April 2008 10:36 GMT
In japan at the mo, and have bought a 3ds, I can see one serious problem with it's technical ability that's present in the game I have and all those shown here.
The system seems incable of lighting effects, of any kind, there's no shadows, no areas shaded in coloured light, nothing, not to mention still no shaders.
so what we have is a system capable of the graphics inferior to a 1999 pc, and no better than the PSP.
3d effect is great, but the graphics are as dated as ever.
Here we go again
Been hearing this for years, they say gaming will be the killer app, but only if they get the programmers to stop using 2d tricks in their rendering, Stereoscopic gaming has got a lot harder since the introduction of pixel shaders!
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?