2 posts • joined 8 Apr 2008
@Anonymous Coward & Scu
Anonymous Coward first, responding to Drama Queen Boy (what?!)
"yikes!). It all sounds terrible, horrifically dangerous and a huge risk to the public's safety. But I bet it isn't. I would be willing to bet that we will never, ever see an injury from a plane incident caused by a teenager with a laser -- "
You made two bets.
"It all sounds terrible, horrifically dangerous and a huge risk to the public's safety. But I bet it isn't." Yes, actually it is.
"I would be willing to bet that we will never, ever see an injury from a plane incident caused by a teenager with a laser -- ". You may be willing to bet, and we MAY never see an injury etc etc but your willingness to gamble on it doesn't mean it won't, or that it's acceptable, or is something we can ignore. That's what's wrong with large sectors of the youth of today; diabolical behaviour having had no boundaries set by irresponsible parents as and when necessary...
As for you, Scu:
If it were I reading this report in a paper, and I were the parent of an influenceable teen (I'm not, he's still comparably young) I personally would not point out the article he/she hadn't read and say "you see this? Don't do it". I would judge the situation and perhaps, I would keep quiet...thus not putting ideas in anyone's head. If they had read it, then discussion/warning would follow. As I think you could have surmised I meant.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops