1 post • joined 4 Apr 2008
It can carry more cargo
The reason it didn't was because it needed extra fuel to carry out the docking tests:
The ATV is more than 32 feet (10 meters) long and almost 15 feet (4,5 meters) in diameter. It has a dry weight of about 23,000 pounds (10,5 ton). It docks automatically with the station, though station crew members can take charge of the process if difficulties arise.
It can carry more than 16,800 pounds (7,7 ton) of cargo. It can take to the station as much as 12,000 pounds (5,5 ton) of dry cargo, almost 1,850 pounds (830 kilo) of water, as much as 220 pounds (100 kilo) of gases, and up to 1,890 pounds (850 kilo) of propellant for the station.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars