1 post • joined 4 Apr 2008
Our village has got a six-month dispersal order for our High Street, to stop feral youf hanging around outside off-licences and abusing passersby. They loudly ask adults to buy alcohol and cigs on their behalf and if refused, swear and shout and threaten them or their property. So far it seems to have driven them away.
Another scheme is the new legislation allowing 'Alleygating'
Clean Neighbourhoods and Environmental Act 2005
This allows councils to fit gates to alleyways where youths are hanging around, doing drugs, drinking, graffiti and generally abusing locals who want to use the alleyways.
It is relatively new, but spreading as councils start to use their new powers.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL