4 posts • joined 4 Apr 2008
You know, its not just Windows that has to have patches.
Ask anyone that actually uses linux and you will find they probably have a nightly cron to keep them up to date.
Mac users dont have to run updates very often because apple simply dont patch, they leave them open and then eventually think it might be an idea to plug the hole.
Admittedly, the holes that Microsoft have to patch are often alot bigger, or at least they were.
Not a flame, just bringing some perspective to the argument.
Who would have thought....
That a story about a government website being hacked, could turn into a flame war about speeding.
Why dont they see this as good?
Surely, this is a good thing for AV vendors?
A group of highly skilled attackers are going to find ways to circumvent the current protection. Then, the vendors will be informed. It just means someone responsible will find the hole so it can be patched, before some miscreant can find the hole and exploit it, possibly for months before its patched.
if you were to take the same situation, but a pentest instead, you'd have vendors stampeding over dead mothers graves to get the chance.
Just my tuppence worth.
Another truly inspired creation.
Keep up the good work :D
Now to find our old UPS.....
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?