3 posts • joined Thursday 3rd April 2008 11:21 GMT
I ran their scan and my anti-virus picked up a bumblebe95 virus in their program files folder...? Is this intentional or ???
ID Cards / Biometrics
I find the whole digital biometrics thing very scary...the government already has enough problems storing data securely, and the idea of handing over retina, fingerprint and possibly DNA samples to be held in this way for "security"....
Theoretically, is it possible that once all of this information was stored in a giant gov DB that:
1) This system can be hacked or the data lost in the post...
2) Your fingerprints/DNA etc can be copied and synthesied in some way.
3) This "flawless" evidence could be used to incriminate you...? Or pass security checks for identity theft? And eventually lead to major problems in securing convictions using DNA evidence etc?
Seems to me this entire plan is fatally flawed and only likely to increase security concerns...
Evil looking Bill cos it's all his fault really...
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Interpol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt