5 posts • joined Wednesday 2nd April 2008 22:52 GMT
Adobe must be happy
Adobe MUST be real happy the press is spending so much time on Merkel…. What happened to the sender of a message taking security precautions and encrypting transmission? Why downs' t the Great Chancellor of Germany have and use an encrypted phone?
So, where's the EFF?
Where is the great EFF with a law suit to challenge the legitimacy of this patent?
We're in trouble
Do you think that he did a good job with Symantec? A security company that gave us PC Anywhere; a tool that has been involved in numerous remote attacks of small restaurants and retail establishments. This is just the old-boy network at work.
No way were they compliant!
Two of the core sections (1.3.5 and 1.3.7) of PCI clearly state that there must be outbound filters and policies in firewalls to prevent this sort of data leakage. There is ABSOLUTELY no way that they were compliant at the time of the attack if these sorts of batch files could be transmitted to an arbitrary location outside of the company.
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong