5 posts • joined 2 Apr 2008
Adobe must be happy
Adobe MUST be real happy the press is spending so much time on Merkel…. What happened to the sender of a message taking security precautions and encrypting transmission? Why downs' t the Great Chancellor of Germany have and use an encrypted phone?
So, where's the EFF?
Where is the great EFF with a law suit to challenge the legitimacy of this patent?
We're in trouble
Do you think that he did a good job with Symantec? A security company that gave us PC Anywhere; a tool that has been involved in numerous remote attacks of small restaurants and retail establishments. This is just the old-boy network at work.
Act of War?
Why wouldn't this class of hacking be considered an act of War? Isn't there evidence that this is supported and funded by the PLA?
No way were they compliant!
Two of the core sections (1.3.5 and 1.3.7) of PCI clearly state that there must be outbound filters and policies in firewalls to prevent this sort of data leakage. There is ABSOLUTELY no way that they were compliant at the time of the attack if these sorts of batch files could be transmitted to an arbitrary location outside of the company.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'