1 post • joined 1 Apr 2008
Shell have wanted to ditch everything that isn't part of the extracting, refinement and distrubution of Oil products for some time. They want to ditch the retail part, they want to ditch the IT.
It wouldnt surprise me if in a few years that some other oil company has bought them out, as they are struggling to make up the problem they have with the reserves they have on stock.
Having worked for Shell in the front line, this has no real impact as most of the IT support was outsourced anyway.
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Rejoice, Windows fans: Stable 64-bit Chromium drops for Win 7 and 8
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...