7 posts • joined Monday 31st March 2008 23:41 GMT
Merchants don't want to put off their customers
99% of online retailers want sheer volume of sales, and then take care of the fraud monitoring internally after the sales have come in. The more complex the payment system/shopper verification the greater the impact on sales.
It is generally only the small to medium sized businesses that go from entirely complacent to fanatical about fraud overnight, after being hit by a few charge backs, and begin leaping up and down at the supposed ineffectiveness of the card schemes.
Enrol in 3D Secure and train your order fulfillment staff properly. That's all there is to it.
Let the seller beware.
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass