1 post • joined 28 Mar 2008
Quaterly results, strategic decisions and leadership
Long term strategic decisions require executives with vision and leadership. Ultimately somebody has to put their arse on the line and lead the company through a series of poor quarterly results until the long term strategy bears fruit.
This involves risk for the company and for the career prospects of the executives involved. It's much easier for everyone to coast along avoiding risk making short term decisions based upon quarterly results.
PS. I have always found the user interface of Motorola phones to be awkward. I never understood why it took so many steps to do anything on most of them.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests