5 posts • joined Thursday 27th March 2008 23:39 GMT
Who let the dogs out
Surely armed police was a bit OTT.
Couldn't they have used one of those long poles with a hoop. In the US these have been used on alligators, so I'm sure a staffy wouldn't be too much trouble.
At the very most a tranquilliser dart. These have been used on everything from grizzly bears to elephants, so I think it would work on a mutt.
Here's an Idea
Let's forget St George and celebrate the true geeks holiday.
May 4th, Star Wars Day.
There are some similarities.
Both celebrate the work of someone called George.
Both are "A Long Time Ago"
Both include the slaying of mythical beasts (i.e. the rancor)
> Mines the one with the extra long light saber pocket
Saints day, why bother?
As England is largely non-religious country (not including those people who only go to church for Christenings, Wedding and funerals), is a saints day really relevant?
Maybe a national holiday to celebrate the good things about England without a link to any ex-saint would be more appropriate.
Naturally, Scotland, NI and Wales would need to have days as well, so why not make it the same day.
Of course, what we really want is just a few more public holidays....
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED