1 post • joined 27 Mar 2008
Such brilliant cynicism
For those of you missing the point.
These days you need a passport or some kind of photo id to open a bank account.
Open said bank account with a fake id and get a nice overdraft as your credit history is clean.
take out money and never pay it back or use the account to launder money from other illegal practices....
I used to work for the people who did the passport service helpline. This was one of the most common reasons people would apply for passports with fake id's.
Its a big problem thats costing banks and business a lot of money.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip