15 posts • joined 27 Mar 2008
What do we expect in delta altitude from the rocket?
I've tried to look over the LOHAN historical record, but I can not seem to find the chart that shows how much altitude we expect to get from the rocket after release. Do we expect it is better than the ballon would get us alone - given the weight of the engine? I know it is cool to have a rocket and all...but I feel like the maximum would be gained by launching on balloon burst.
Best luck - looking forward to the documentary.
What a terrific effort. Good luck on launch.
3rd party browser are fine and good.
Wet after glued to both sides.
I've made plenty of balsa/tissue planes. And once even made the mistake of covering a single side before shrinking the tissue; now you know the results too. But I agree with other posters here. You glue (with dope - on the balsa and then through the tissue ) the tissue dry to one side of the wing, and only glue the leading edge, trailing edge, and outermost ribs. You trim that paper with fine sand paper. Fix paper to the other side the same way, and trim. Now you have the wing fully covered but only fixed with dope around the circumference of the wing. Now, you steal your mom's best perfume sprayer empty and fill with water. Very lightly spray the tissue uniformly so that it shrinks uniformly and does not warp your structure. You may need to do this three to six times being patient to let it dry between spraying. Hang dry using a thread. The tissue will now be taught uniformly and the structure should be fine. At that point further dope through the tissue at the ribs to fix the tissue to the ribs. After that you can choose a 50/50 dope/thinner spray - again in mom's perfume bottle - to coat the whole wing. But I never did as it will add too much weight. Good luck.
The museum of my top shelf - I'm keeping my original iPhone for backup. For the $25 I might get, I'd rather keep it as a backup for me or the kids.
Wake me when there is an actual threat
McAfee Anti-Virus makes my work computer run like a narcoleptic terrier with amnesia. I'd like to keep my phone usable thanks.
The Trend Micro SmartSurf for iPhone is not a browser add-on, its a replacement browser app. No thanks!
Please - it's Caltech.
Cal is used to refer to the University of California system of schools; e.g. Cal Berkley. There is no Cal Pasadena. And, there is only one Caltech. See http://www.caltech.edu/# .
Fire for Ricketts Hovse.
Caltech - one word not two
Fire for Ricketts Hovse
Caltech - not Cal Tech
Consider reading the press release you link to.
10 Years - no one told me when to run...
God help me if it has been 10 years since the last change, clear still I have no prospects if I have time to read this rag.
NMM did not read the CCL very carefully
<quote>You must include a copy of, or the Uniform Resource Identifier for, this License or other license specified in the previous sentence with every copy or phonorecord of each Derivative Work You distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform. </quote>
And most importantly:
3. If you distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform the Work or any Derivative Works or Collective Works, You must keep intact all copyright notices for the Work and provide, reasonable to the medium or means You are utilizing: (i) the name of the Original Author (or pseudonym, if applicable) if supplied, and/or (ii) if the Original Author and/or Licensor designate another party or parties (e.g. a sponsor institute, publishing entity, journal) for attribution in Licensor's copyright notice, terms of service or by other reasonable means, the name of such party or parties; the title of the Work if supplied; to the extent reasonably practicable, the Uniform Resource Identifier, if any, that Licensor specifies to be associated with the Work, unless such URI does not refer to the copyright notice or licensing information for the Work; and in the case of a Derivative Work, a credit identifying the use of the Work in the Derivative Work (e.g., "French translation of the Work by Original Author," or "Screenplay based on original Work by Original Author"). <strong>Such credit may be implemented in any reasonable manner; provided, however, that in the case of a Derivative Work or Collective Work, at a minimum such credit will appear where any other comparable authorship credit appears and in a manner at least as prominent as such other comparable authorship credit.</strong>
I've not done it myself, but some of my Caltech physicist friends have stuck their heads in the high power magnets of a synchrotron. A static magnetic field would have no effect, provided you have no iron fillings. However, by turning ones head, the field is no longer static as far as the brain is concerned and generates small currents directly inside. Colors and tastes were reported.
Fire for Ricketts Hovse
Re the six other planes
As I recall one was from the '50s and others had not been reported missing. Nevada is a big empty desert and one is not actually required to file a flight plan. So, unless one of the planes that they found had been searched for previously, it is really not indicative of incompetence.
Dude - $17 == 10%
Hey, thanks for the heart attack. AAPL is down 10% not 17%.
XCOR CEO Jeff Greason
I had the great pleasure of attending Caltech with Jeff. He was one of the most motivated and smartest student in our class. If he thinks this can be done, I have no doubt he can get it done.
Just hope he has an old school friends discount!
-- fire because we were in Ricketts Hovse
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast